ENCORE: APPRECIATION AND REWARD
Over the past three years Norwich Theatre has worked hard to build diverse, effective and meaningful partnerships with community organisations and educational establishments. Through these partnerships we are able to reach people who would not otherwise visit our venues, and provide participatory opportunities which support the social, emotional and mental wellbeing of individuals.
Encore is a scheme that enables us to reconnect with the community. It will play a vital role in supporting the recovery and re-engagement with the arts providing a package of engagement activities as well as recognition and rewards.
- Deliver a series of tailor made activities designed to reach individuals in their homes. These will be particularly targeted to reach those who are currently experiencing isolation and loneliness due to the pandemic.
- Deliver a series of workshops and activities in the community and at our venue’s for a selection of Community Partner organisations.
- Provide a number of complimentary mid-range tickets to performances across our venue’s.
- Work with up to ten Community Partners who will benefit from the scheme. Each Community Partner recipient will be selected based on their partnership involvement with our creative engagement work and include a wide range of local grass root organisations, charities and educational establishments across the community.
Community & Educational Partnerships
Our current Community & Educational partnership organisations include the following, all of whom work with individuals, students, teachers and communities facing significant challenges such as supporting emotional well-being or helping to develop engagement in the creative industries as a career pathway.
- Henderson Trust
- MAP (Mancroft Advice Project)
- Nelson’s Journey
- New Routes
- Norwich Age UK
- Norwich International Youth Project
- Norfolk & Waveney Mind
- Norfolk Young Carers
- St Martins Housing Trust
- Ormiston Academy Trust
- Wensum Trust
- The Wherry School
- University of East Anglia