Shakespeare Nation: Brave New World
Experience the thrill of Shakespeare in your own community and build a life-long relationship with theatre.
Brave New World Project
Presented in partnership with Royal Shakespeare Company Brave New World will explore the transformative power of theatre, reconnecting participants and audiences with aspects of Shakespeare and theatre through workshops, discussions and seminars online.
All sessions are FREE, open to Adults (18+) and will be led by theatre professionals, with guest practitioners from the Royal Shakespeare Company for specific topics.
Want to try something new and have a go at performing some Shakespeare?
This project is about bringing theatre, powered by the words of Shakespeare to peoples’ homes – literally. Anyone , aged 18+ and living in Norwich, is welcome to take part in this exciting project, to be part of a short film capturing people from across the city performing from their very own doorsteps (all socially distant of course!).
No previous experience of acting, Shakespeare is needed – this project is about having a go at something different and being part of a bigger project, connecting with others. The sessions will take place online, but if you know of someone who would like to take part who isn’t online themselves, we can post them an information pack and provide support by phone or another socially distanced manner. We really do want as many different people to take part and we will support participants in the best way we can.
Mon 18 Jan: Sign up deadline
Wed 20 Jan: Introduction meeting (online) for all involved in the project.
Tue 26 & Wed 27 Jan: One-to-one or small group sessions (online) to support you further with your performance.
Tue 9 & Wed 10 Feb: Filming days – we’ll agree a time with you for us to pop along to your doorstep with our film maker!
If you would like further information about this project, please email Joseph Ballard, Project Coordinator for Shakespeare Nation via firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Take Part?
- Sign up with your details. Remember to sign up before 18 Jan . You will then receive a welcome email telling you more about the project and you’ll be provided with the text we shall be using.
- You can choose a section of the text (four lines) to learn and rehearse.
- Online sessions will take place that will explore the text and will help you learn and rehearse the section you have chosen.
- Smaller group or one-one-support will also be available. This project is about taking part and trying something new, especially if you have never performed before.
- We will agree a time with you to come along, to film you performing your section of the text. Last minute help and direction can be given, but we’re keen to see how you interpret the text and capture what it means to you.
- The different filmed sections will then be edited together to make one short film, which will be released later in the spring.