INTERLUDE at Chapelfield Gardens
Norwich Theatre and Lost in Translation Circus present INTERLUDE – a six-week programme of live performances and participatory activities delivered in a temporary venue in Chapelfield Gardens (Norwich) from Mon 10 Aug – Sun 20 Sep 2020. The event is supported by Norwich City Council and Norwich BID.
Address Chapelfield Gardens, Norwich, NR2 1RP
By car The nearest car parks are: The Forum NR2 1TF, Intu Chapelfield NR1 3SH, Chantry Pay & Display NR2 1RG , St Giles NR2 1NH , St Andrews NR3 3AT & Rose Lane NR1 1PY.
By bus First Bus: 11, 13, 14/15, 21/22, 23, 24, 25/26, 28, 29, 36, 37, 38, 39 will all service the gardens with a maximum 10min walk from the Bus Station. Check bus routes and timetables for up to date information.
Interlude COVID-Secure Measures
All performances and activities will be presented in compliance with the latest Government’s guidance and regulations. Specific control measures, which will be reviewed regularly, will be in place to mitigate the risk of the spread of Coronavirus.
Anyone who has displayed COVID-19 symptoms in the 10 days prior to the event / activity they have purchased tickets for is asked not to attend. This is in line with the Government’s Coronavirus advice.
Security measures include (please note these will be reviewed daily):
- Only ticket holders will be allowed into the Interlude arena.
- All ticket holders will be issued with E-Tickets prior to the events, which can be printed at home or shown on your mobile device on arrival. This will also allow for Track & Trace.
- Ticket holders will be asked to arrive with their group (or social ‘bubble’) and queue in a socially distanced manner, ensuring at least 2m between parties.
- We recommend that attendees wear face coverings when queuing, between the site entrance to finding their own seat, when leaving the premises and in all common areas. Please bring your own face covering.
- Clear signage and staff will be available to guide you around the site, answer any questions and help you to your seat.
- The Interlude tent will have the sides lifted to ensure optimum ventilation and will operate at a reduced capacity of 240 seats (normally 750). Seats will be allocated in pre-spaced groups of 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, with at least 1m space between them. You must keep your belongings with you at all times and please ensure social distancing of at least 1m is maintained.
- Physical guides, one way systems and multiple entrances and exits will be in place to reduce crowding in areas.
- Regular cleaning is scheduled between performances and during the day, with hand sanitiser units readily available at key points.
- Shows are planned to last around 80 mins or less, with no interval.
- Unisex toilets are available on site.
Tickets can be purchased online at norwichtheatre.org or by calling our Box Office on 01603 630 000. All bookers will be emailed an e-ticket which can be printed at home or shown on your mobile device when you arrive at the theatre.
Tickets are only available in fixed groups of 2, 3 , 4 , 5 or 6 and each group will be socially distanced from other ticket holders in line with government guidance. All tickets within a particular group must be purchased by one booker. To allow for this social distancing, seating capacity has been reduced to 240 seats (down from 750). On selected shows the fixed group size may change due to availability, please call Box Office for more information.
Will I be able to buy tickets or merchandise on the door?
To ensure a safe environment for staff and audiences, all tickets need to be pre-bought online or via box office. Merchandise won’t be available on site.
What does the INTERLUDE tent seating look like?
Seats are allocated in fixed groups of 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, to ensure the 1m+ social distancing is maintained between groups or ‘bubbles’. The sides of the tent will be lifted to ensure optimum ventilation. Ticket holders will be asked to follow the one way system and keep social distancing at all times.
Where should I sit?
You will be issued with a Print At Home/E-Ticket which will include your row & seat number. We have a capacity of 240 and there will be stewards on hand to help guide you to your seats.
What are your opening hours?
The area around INTERLUDE will open 90 minutes prior to an event.
Will the venue be accessible?
The venue will have level access across the site using matting and ramps.
Will performances go ahead if it’s raining?
Yes. We will do our very best to ensure every scheduled event will go ahead in INTERLUDE and any adverse weather conditions should not affect this. However in extreme circumstances, if we did need to cancel a performance to ensure the safety of performers and audience members, we will contact customers booked for that particular show as soon as possible.
Will there be a bar and food?
There will be a bar offering the standard drinks and snacks you would expect at the Theatre Royal or Playhouse. This service is cashless using card payments only. Drinks can be ordered using our Norwich Theatre App. There will no food offerings.
What happens if I’m running late?
Depending on how late ticket holders are, customers will still be able to gain entrance to the site and our stewards will escort you to your seats at an appropriate point in the event.