Norwich Theatre Playhouse
Celebrating its 25th anniversary as a theatre in 2020, Playhouse is a relaxed, intimate 300-seat riverside venue a 10-minute walk from the Theatre Royal. The building dates back to the late nineteenth century and was once a maltings building.
Since becoming a theatre it has become recognised as one of the best fringe venues in the country and is also home to the famous Playhouse Bar.
42-58 St George’s St, Norwich, NR3 1 AB
Tickets can be booked in person at Theatre Royal
Mon – Sat 10am – close
COVID Secure Measures
What to expect on your visit:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms or a positive test result should stay at home and self-isolate immediately. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should arrange to take a PCR test as soon as possible, even if you’ve had one of more doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. This is in line with the Government Coronavirus advice.
- We strongly encourage the use of a face covering when entering and moving around our venue and whilst sat in the auditorium, unless you are eating, drinking or exempt. Our teams will continue to wear face masks for your safety.
- As you enter the Auditorium, please have your e-ticket ready on your device or printed. If you don’t have an e-ticket for the event then please bring your original tickets as they will still be valid for the performance.
- The Playhouse Bar will be open before performances from 1pm. We recommend you pre-order your interval drinks to avoid queues.
- Doors to the auditorium will open 30 minutes prior to the performance.
- Enhanced cleaning regimes are in place throughout the venue before, during and after each performance.
- Air purifiers are operational in front of house areas throughout the day.
- Hand sanitiser units will be available throughout the venue.
- Our Duty Managers and Stewards will be on hand at all times, so if you have any questions during your visit please speak to a member of our team.
42-58 St. George’s Street, Norwich NR3 1AB
The nearest car parks are: St Andrew’s NR3 3AT and Colegate NR3 1BP (both open 24hrs)
First Bus services 11, 13, 14/15, 21/22, 23, 24, 25/26, 28, 29, 36, 37, 38, 39 will all service the Playhouse. The nearest bus stops are on St Andrew’s Street and Bank Plain/Castle Meadow. For bus times and routes, visit www.firstgroup.com
Coaches & minibuses
Coaches and minibuses can drop off via Colegate (St George’s Street is closed to traffic, and the road is pedestrianised) please use the turning circle opposite the theatre.
Layover parking is available at several locations in the city centre: King Street NR1 2BU, Rouen Road NR1 1QP, Lower Clarence Road NR1 1HA & Harford Park & Ride NR4 6GA.
Eat & Drink
The Playhouse Bar is a fantastic, friendly space serving real ales from local breweries, German lagers on tap, delicious wines, exotic tea and coffee and splendid small snacks.
Speak-easy snug, art exhibitions and contemporary wonky music both live and on vinyl.