Norwich Theatre Royal
Opened for the first time in 1958, Theatre Royal has been a staple of the arts and culture of Norwich for centuries. The grand 1300 seat venue has played host to some of the biggest names and productions in touring theatre.
With our restaurant, café and bars accompanying our wide range of productions, Theatre Royal truly has something for everyone.
Theatre Royal, Theatre Street, Norwich, NR2 1RL
01603 630 000
Phone & In Person: Mon – Sat 9.30am – 6pm
Building Opening Times:
Bars: 2hrs before show time
Cafe Royal: 8:30am – 5pm Mon – Sat and 9:30am to 4pm Sun
COVID Secure Measures
What to expect on your visit:
- If you have displayed COVID19 symptoms, had a positive test or been told to self-isolate by NHS Track and Trace in the 10 days prior to the performance, please do not attend and simply contact our Box Office on 01603 630 000.
- As you enter the Auditorium, please have your e-ticket ready on your device or printed.
- Our newly refurbished bars will open two hours before the performance. We recommend you pre-order your interval drinks to avoid queues.
- Doors to the auditorium will open 30 minutes prior to the performance.
- If your show has been rescheduled you can show your original tickets or your email confirmation
- Enhanced cleaning regimes are in place throughout the venue before, during and after each performance.
- The auditorium is sanitised before every show using our integral misting system.
- Air purifiers are operational in front of house areas throughout the day.
- We strongly encourage the use of a face covering when moving around our venue and whilst sat in the auditorium, unless you are eating or drinking. Our teams will continue to wear face masks for your safety.
- Hand sanitiser units will be available throughout the venue.
- Our Duty Managers and Stewards will be on hand at all times, so if you have any questions during your visit please speak to a member of our team.
Theatre St, Norwich, NR2 1RL
The nearest car parks are: The Forum NR2 1TF, Intu Chapelfield NR1 3SH, Chantry Pay & Display NR2 1RG , St Giles NR2 1NH , St Andrews NR3 3AT & Rose Lane NR1 1PY.
First Bus: 11, 13, 14/15, 21/22, 23, 24, 25/26, 28, 29, 36, 37, 38, 39 will all service the Theatre Royal with a maximum 10min walk from the Bus Station. Check bus routes and timetables for up to date information.
Coaches & minibuses
Coaches and Minibuses can drop off on Theatre Street using the free of charge drop off bays opposite the Theatre Royal. Layover parking is available at several locations in the city centre: King Street NR1 2BU, Rouen Road NR1 1QP, Lower Clarence Road NR1 1HA & Harford Park & Ride NR4 6GA.
Eat & Drink
at Norwich Theatre
With indoor and outdoor seating, café royal is a new addition to the Theatre Royal building. Barista made coffee, handmade cake and sandwiches make it the perfect relaxation spot.
Enjoy great coffee