Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions relate to the purchase and supply of Tickets, Take Part Event & Activity programme, Memberships and the use of Norwich Theatre’s website generally. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before purchasing any of the above as by doing so, you accept that these terms and conditions will govern all Contracts.
Norwich Theatre is the operating name of Theatre Royal (Norwich) Trust Ltd. It comprises three venues Norwich Theatre Royal, Norwich Theatre Playhouse & Norwich Theatre Stage Two. Tickets are sold by Theatre Royal (Norwich) Trust Ltd on behalf of producers, promoters and third party event organisers. Registered Charity No.262259
Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect your statutory rights.
PURCHASING TICKETS & OTHER EVENTS
If you choose to purchase Tickets, Take Part events or Memberships on Norwich Theatre’s website, your contract with Norwich Theatre will be concluded as follows:
- By accepting your order a legally binding contract between Norwich Theatre and you is created. This contract shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law, and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes.
- By placing your order you warrant that all details you provide to us for the purpose of booking, ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the ticket or service. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform us.
- Norwich Theatre reserves the right to alter or vary the advertised programme, including cast, running times, and such other matters without prior notice or without being obliged to refund monies or change tickets.
- Tickets purchased or reserved for our shows cannot be resold for commercial gain.
- Tickets sold via third parties and other unauthorised outlets, including online auction sites, Social Media etc, are not valid for admission. Reselling a ticket makes it void and the ticketholder may be refused entry.
- All tickets are subject to availability. Norwich Theatre reserves the right to change or limit the number of tickets available for sale at any time.
- Ticket prices in print and online may be subject to change at any time. Always check for the most up to date prices with Box Office directly on 01603 630000 or online at norwichtheatre.org
- Up to £2 of the ticket price paid for certain shows goes to the Building Improvement Fund.
- Confirmation of receipt of your order by e-mail does not guarantee the ticket sale (internet sales only)
- Every member of the audience must be in possession of a valid ticket. Altered or defaced tickets will not be valid.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure tickets in their possession are for the correct date and time; please check your ticket carefully as mistakes cannot be rectified after the event. Customers attempting to use tickets for an incorrect date or time will not be admitted.
- Bookings made via telephone, online or in person are subject to a £3.00* per transaction fee. *Anyone with a Friends Membership is exempt from the transaction fee which will automatically be deducted at basket stage or when purchasing over the phone.
- Bookings made within 7 days of the performance will be available for collection at the Box Office or emailed as an print at home (e-ticket).
- Subject to proof and at the discretion of the Box Office lost tickets will be replaced free of charge.
TICKET REFUND, RE-SELL, EXCHANGE & TICKET PROTECTION
- Norwich Theatre tickets are non-refundable.
- Where Norwich Theatre is unable to perform a Contract on the date(s) agreed because the performance in question is no longer available or cancelled, Norwich Theatre will refund to you the face value of the Tickets purchased (excluding any admin, booking insurance, booking or transaction fees).
- Norwich Theatre will issue a refund to you using the same method of payment that you used to purchase the Tickets. When it is not possible to refund via the same payment method the Norwich Theatre reserves the right to request additional identification or documentation to ensure the refund is returned to the correct person.
- In case of a show/performance cancellation Norwich Theatre will notify ticket holders of with reasonable endeavours. However, we cannot guarantee that ticket holders will be informed before the date of the performance due to circumstances beyond our control.
- If a show/performance is rescheduled then ticket holders will be offered an equivalent value ticket of their original purchase for the new dates. If they cannot make the new dates, ticket holders will be entitled to a refund or credit note for the face value of the tickets purchased.
- We regret that we will not be able to offer a refund or exchange on your ticket(s) if you are refused entry to a performance due to being late.
- Tickets may be exchanged, subject to availability, for an alternative performance of the same show. We charge an administration fee of £3 per ticket for this service provided that you contact Norwich Theatre up to 5 working days before the performance is due to take place.
- Norwich Theatre reserves the right to refuse entry to ticket(s) holders if the Refund, Exchange or Resale services has been requested, and completed, but original e-tickets are presented.
- If you return Tickets for a SOLD-OUT performance, Norwich Theatre may, but will not be obliged to, resell them on your behalf to the waiting list for that specific performance only, subject to availability.
- If your Tickets are successfully resold Norwich Theatre will issue a credit to you for your ticket. The credit will expire after 36 months, from the date of the issue of the credit and can be used for payment for future bookings at Norwich Theatre.
- A resale will incur a charge of £3 administration fee per ticket and the seller must contact the box office the day after event to confirm sale.
Protect your tickets
- When booking your tickets you will be offered the chance to buy ticket protection, at a cost of £2 per ticket.
- Purchasing ticket protection (provided by Secure My Booking) allows you to recoup 100% of the paid ticket price (including service and admin fees) if you are unable to make it to your event for a number of covered reasons, including illness (including COVID-19), travel delay, adverse weather conditions and more. For more information, click here.
- Friend’s’ ticket discounts apply to full price tickets only and cannot be combined with any other offers, discounts, concessions or tickets already purchased.
- Friends’ ticket discounts are offered by agreement with touring producers and will be limited/capped or subject to availability and withdrawn at our discretion.
- A valid Friends Membership will entitle you to the Benefits but some or all of the Benefits may be added to, removed or altered by Norwich Theatre at our discretion.
- Friends’ membership cards and associated details are not transferable and can only be used by the named cardholder to book tickets or receive benefits available.
- Friends’ Memberships are non-refundable and will run for the validity period and cannot be cancelled.
- Friends’ will receive a priority booking period for most shows before they go on general sale but exclusions may apply.
- All event invitations will be sent via email. Where event numbers are limited or high demand is anticipated, tickets may be restricted by level, subject to availability. Some of our special events are free for Friends to attend. For other events Friends may be able to take advantage of a priority booking period or a discount.
- Norwich Theatre reserves the right to refuse or terminate membership at any time.
- Gift Vouchers are non-refundable once issued, and can be redeemed towards tickets, memberships and creative engagement activities. Not valid at Bars, Restaurant or Kiosk points.
- Vouchers expire after three years from the date of purchase.
- If the value of the voucher exceeds the value of the purchase, change will be left as a balance on the existing voucher to use towards your next purchase.
- Vouchers can be used immediately and, in terms of ticket purchases, towards any production currently on sale, even if the performance date is later than your voucher expiry.
- Vouchers may not be exchanged for tickets, goods or services already purchased or exchanged for a monetary refund.
- Please be aware we do not accept National Theatre Tokens.
- All purchases are subject to availability and standard Terms & Conditions of Sale.
- We operate a ‘No under 3s’ policy to all performances unless otherwise advertised as a show aimed specifically at very young children. In tandem with this, customers must be mindful of age recommendations when booking tickets as these reflect the tone and content of a show.
- All attendees over the age of 18 months require a ticket, even if they will be sat on a parent’s lap.
- Any published advice about age suitability for any performances is offered as a guide. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to determine the suitability for their child.
- For certain shows, babies and children under 3 are welcome and may share a seat with you. For shows which do not qualify for this option, children under 3 cannot be admitted.
- For reasons of Safeguarding, all children aged 14 and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult (aged 18+) at all times.
SAFETY & ENJOYMENT
- Norwich Theatre takes the safety of their venues very seriously and reserves the right to implement additional security measures such as bag checks as and when necessary. Lasers/knives/sharp items/fireworks/flares/ smoke bombs/any items which could be used as a weapon will be confiscated and may result in admission being refused.
- Norwich Theatre reserves the right to refuse admission to its three venues to ensure the safety of its staff and other customers, and reserves the right to terminate your permission to be on the premises and remove you therefrom in similar circumstances.
- To be admitted you must be in possession of a valid Ticket.
- Photography and video/sound recording as well as the use of mobile phones and other digital equipment in the auditoriums are strictly prohibited and patrons who break this condition or cause any kind of disturbance may be required to leave immediately.
- To avoid disturbing the audience and performers, latecomers may not be allowed access to the auditorium until a suitable point in the performance designated by the company, which may not be until the interval. It may be possible to follow the performance on closed circuit television in the bars.
- Smoking including e-cigarettes is not permitted inside Norwich Theatre’s premises, including the Playhouse terrace and Theatre Royal balconies.
- Norwich Theatre cannot be held responsible for any personal property left unattended.
- Only drinks purchased from Norwich Theatre and Playhouse bars are permitted inside the auditoria unless otherwise stated.
- Norwich Theatre and any authorised parties may occasionally film or take photographs during performances for promotional purposes. On these occasions, public signs will be on display to inform customers as they arrive for the performance.
- CCTV is in operation throughout Norwich Theatre for the purpose of crime prevention and detection.
GDPR DATA PROTECTION
CONTACT & COMPLAINTS
At Norwich Theatre we are committed to ensuring we provide all of our audiences, customers, visitors and donors with the best quality experience. If you would like to complain or provide feedback on any aspect of your experience, you can do so using one of the following methods:
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone on 01603 630 000
By post to Visitors’ Services, Norwich Theatre, Theatre Street, Norwich, NR2 1RL
We will aim to respond to your feedback within 10 working days of receiving it.
TAKE PART EVENTS & ACTIVITIES TERMS & CONDITIONS
Registration and Enrollment
People attending learning and participation activities at NTR are asked to complete an annual registration form. In addition participants must also enrol for each activity e.g. a term’s workshops, a holiday activity, a masterclass. A place on a preceding activity does not guarantee a place on a forthcoming one. Places are issued on a first come first served basis.
Enrolment commits participants to full payment of fees for the activity. Except in special circumstances refunds cannot be made. Should a participants’ fee not be paid in full by the specified date, places may be made available for others on the waiting lists. There can be no reduction in fees for participants who are absent from sessions. All workshop fees and a large majority of excursions are subsidised by NTR. As a registered charity, we have a limited amount of bursaries available. Please call the office for details. If at any point the payment of fees is difficult, please contact NTR as soon as possible.
We do our very best to ensure all planned sessions go ahead. However there may be rare instances when sessions have to be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control. As much notice as possible will be given. In circumstances such as bad weather, we will provide notices on our website.
No refunds will be given unless the activity or event is cancelled. In exceptional circumstances, at the discretion of the Learning and Participation Director we may be able to offer a place on a future activity of the same value. This must be used within six months.
Data Protection Act
To comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, NTR is required to advise all participants that their personal records will be held on file. These records will be kept confidential and solely for the purpose of administration of NTR activities. These records will not be disclosed to any person outside of NTR without your consent unless the Data Protection Act 1998 allows this. Your signature on the registration form acknowledges that you accept these provisions. To support participants, we record their progress, personal development and achievements whilst engaging with our services. We use various activities, forms and conversations to do this. We do this to help evidence the value of our work to each other, to our funders and stakeholders. All personal information is treated confidentially and, if we use it in reports, the information is anonymised.
We trust in general that participants are happy at NTR. Obviously however, over a period of time the odd problem may arise. Should you be unhappy with events at NTR the following procedure should be followed; In the first instance, the matter should be broached with the activity leader; If a satisfactory conclusion is not achieved than an appointment should be made with the team manager; If a satisfactory conclusion is still not reached then a formal complaint in writing can be made to the Learning and Participation Director.
It is important that parents collect young children at the end of each session, as we cannot take responsibility for your child after that time. We take every care that we can to ensure children leave our sessions safely. Please see our Safeguarding Policy and Travel Plan for further details on our website.
We are members of Norfolk Safer and have been awarded their Safer Certificate. NTR works hard to ensure best practise and the safety of all who attend our activities. To do this we have a number of policies and procedures in place which effect all children and young people attending NTR. These are available at our reception in Stage Two, on our website, or you can ask for a copy.
- Anti Bullying Policy
- Child Collection Policy
- Safeguarding Policy and Procedures
- Data Protection Policy
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Youth Participation Policy
- Code of Conduct
Your wellbeing is our priority. If you wish to talk to any member of staff about anything which makes you feel unsafe or unhappy we are all very willing to make that time for you. If you don’t feel able to talk to us there is a list of other people who may be able to help in our reception in Stage Two.
Codes of Conduct
We have a Code of conduct for both young people and staff at NTR. These are available at our reception at Stage Two and on our website. Your signature on the membership application form acknowledges that you accept these codes of conduct.
We cannot take responsibility for members personal belongings. If members wish to bring items such as mobile phones with them, we ask them to not use these during activities (unless this is part of a learning activity identified by a staff member). If you need to contact your child/ward during a session in an emergency please contact Stage Two reception.
The above Terms and Conditions are related to the Learning and participation activities of Norwich Theatre Royal. Full Terms and Conditions of the organisation are also available on our website.